DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Monday, January 05, 2009

It's hard to believe - over a year's gone by!

2008 was a remarkable year for me personally - as I'm sure it was for you too. I've been spending the past 12 months working with funeral service professionals in educating the public; this is a most valuable activity, as most people know little or nothing (out of choice) about what to do when someone dies, or how to handle the depth of the response we have to the passing of someone we love.

So, I'm renewing my commitment to you, the public, to engage in dialog about these most sensitive issues. I'll look forward to questions and comments, to stir the waters, and speed our learning.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year - full of personal growth, health, and prosperity.

Love, joy, and deep appreciation,

Kim

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home