DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Home Funerals

I spent the weekend recently with a family who lost their young son in a summertime pool-related accident. They chose to have a home funeral, keeping his body at home, and caring for it themselves.

As a home funeral advocate, I was pleased to share in their experience of loving and letting go; that, indeed, it what it's all about.

If anyone has a home funeral story to share, I would love to hear it. Please send it to me at kimstacey@sbcglobal.net. I'm currently writing a book on End-of-Life Decisions, and if you're willing, I'd enjoy including your experience of a home funeral.

Love to you all,

Kim

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home