DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Remembering Well

In my time as an anthropologist, and as a freelance writer, I've seen my fair share of mediocre to absolutely awful memorial services and disposition rites. I'd love to hear some of your stories - as I'm writing a book about "end of life decisions."

Just to kick things off, I'd like to say that at my memorial, I want my sons to use the song Naive Melody, by the Talking Heads, as the spring board for remembering their mother. After all, when they were infants, I danced around the living room with them, singing this song...it reaches to the core of my being, and connected me firmly to them - as a figurative umbilical cord.

What say you? What "horror" stories can you share - and what plans have you made?

Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home