DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Post Flu Report

Fourth of July weekend was a quiet one for me - I had the stomach flu! Both the boys were busy outside the home, and I had HOURS of quiet...once I stopped feeling so bad, it was glorious!

I spent the recovery time watching a marathon of the HBO series, Six Feet Under. Now, THAT'S a rollicking good time! I wonder if the hidden messages get through to people?

Life is terribly short for each of us; even if we live a full, long life.
Enjoy every day.
Do something you love to do, each and every day.
Realize that reality is benign. It is only our perception of it that colors our experiences.
Be happy.

For those of you who have subscribed to the ezine, DeathWrites - you can expect your next issue in mid-July.

Until then, if you have specific questions you'd like answered in the newsletter, write me at:
editordeathwrites@sbcglobal.net

Love,
K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home