DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving...and Giving Thanks!

Here it is, Monday, of Thanksgiving week in the U.S. I spent part of the morning completing a Gratitude Meditation, which reminded me of how much I have to be grateful for.

On the top of the list, of course, is "opportunity". Everyday, there are new opportunities:

  • to be more physically fit through exercise
  • to be more kind to everyone you meet
  • to be more productive
  • to be more purposeful

Today, I'm commited to a CrossFit workout. Have you heard of CrossFit? Check it out at www.crossfit.com. It's absolutely the best thing ever!

I've got my "to-do" list by my side, and now I can "check off" one of the things on the list: writing to you!

I'm also grateful for something else: the opportunity to write more articles on death rituals for the Internet and print magazines. I've been given the chance to write six more articles for one publisher - and I'm so excited. I'll keep you posted on the fruits of my labors.

Until next week then - make it a great one. A great day. A great week, and great holiday weekend!

Love,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home