DeathWrites

A place to share, discuss, and think about the wide variety of funerary and mortuary ritual forms found worldwide.Also a place to learn to deal with the death of a loved one, or your own transition from the physical to non-physical.

Name:
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States

I am 53 years old, and single mother to two teenaged sons. Trained as an anthropologist, I have made the cross-cultural study of death rituals my personal domain. I've traveled the world, read all I can get my hands on...and it's still not enough!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Famidahana Ritual: My New Article in "American Cemetery" magazine!

Hey, everyone!
Sure hope you're having the grandest Saturday. My day is a quiet one; the boys are off at their dad's house, and I'm just researching and writing - but, I wanted to take a moment to share with you that I have another article published in the July issue of American Cemetery. Now, since most of you are not IN the death-care field, and therefore don't have access to this trade publication, I've taken the liberty of posting the article (without the marvelous photos included in the glossy mag) for you to read.

I sure hope you enjoy it. This ritual is one of the most loving, cross-generational, life-affirming spectacles you could hope to bear witness to; and it puts our rituals and beliefs into stark perspective.

The link is:

http://www.kimstaceycopywriter.net/deathrites/famidahanaritual.pdf

It will be available for the next week.

Why not subscribe to DeathWrites, the monthly email newsletter on death rituals and death-consciousness? Just send an email to: deathwrites@kimstaceycopywriter.net.

If you have any topics you'd like to see investigated, just drop me an email at: editordeathwrites@sbcglobal.net

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and the week to come!

Most warmly,

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home